• Structure and conduct meetings to achieve objectives and avoid wasting time.
• Identify, understand and apply the PPCM approach.
• Encourage contributions from all participants.
• Develop communication skills and efficiently conduct professional meetings.
• Deal with difficult situations or members effectively.
Fundamentals and Basic Principles of an Effective Meeting
- How Not To Run a Meeting
– Style of the Meeting
– Formal or Informal Meetings ?
– Meeting Structure
Relevance of the Meeting
- Setting SMART Objectives
– Creating an Effective Agenda
– Agenda Setting Exercise
Preparation of the Meeting
- Managing Stakeholders
– Influencing and Persuading Senior People
– Housekeeping and Logistics
Conduct in the Meeting
- Communicating with Authority
– Contributing to the Meeting – How you come across
Communicating with Authority
- Our personal impact upon others
– Body Language
Tips for Communicating Assertively in Meetings
- The right use of questions : their use and effectiveness
– Prepare yourself to listen
– Checking is all about testing your understanding
– Reach consensus to move forward
– Techniques for Handling Difficult or Hostile Questions
Measure – The Effectiveness of the Meeting
- Effective Minute taking
– Minute templates
– Evaluating your Meeting
Dealing with different personalities effectively
- Manage participants in a meeting environment
– Understand and soften different perceptions and communication barriers
– Explore styles of communication and experiment with different styles
– Recognise how behaviours impact the effectiveness of
communication and select the most appropriate behaviour to the
– DISC Method & explanations
Putting it all together
Running the meeting exercise
Managers, supervisors and newly appointed team leaders wishing to improve their communication skills with others ; in meetings.
Prerequisite : none.