• To understand the stakes and objectives of the Procurement function.
• To identify the different steps leading to a successful purchase.
• To get used to a method, an approach, some tools, enabling a complete control of the purchasing process.
The Procurement function : more and more strategic for the company
– A function that has been structured over the years
– Procurement and profitability
– A function interfacing with many other ones
– Procurement professionals : more and more skills are required
The different steps of the Procurement Process
- Building and implementing a purchasing strategy
segmenting the purchasing portfolios
identifying the needs
understanding the suppliers markets
building strategic models
analyzing the current situation
defining the action plan to implement the purchasing strategy
– How to well define the need : technical specification, functional specification
– Tender, Request for Information (RFI), request for quotation (RFQ)
– How to analyze the answers to RFQ : bid evaluation tools, business award process
– The purchasing negotiation and the contract
– The Purchase Order : placement and follow-up, link with the Supply Chain Process
Case Study : supplier selection process
Defining the need : methods and tools
- ABC analysis, Pareto Law
– Internal customer satisfaction
– How to draw up a clear and useful specification
– Bid evaluation tool : criteria definition and weighting
The suppliers Markets
- How to characterize a market – The Porter analysis
– Data sourcing :technical and commercial eve on suppliers markets
The Purchasing Negotiation
- An effective negotiation : a win-win relationship
– The importance to be prepared
– How to conduct the negotiation
Synthesis leaflet – Conduct negotiation. Case Study – Purchasing
Contracting a commercial agreement
- Why contracting the reached agreement ?
– Contracts and Purchase Orders
– Contracts templates, key and standard provisions
Commodity Buyers, Project Buyers.
Prerequisite : none