• Manage conflict appropriately, professionally and most of all confidently.
• Use a number of conflict management techniques to suit a range of situations.
• Avoid the negative impact of conflict and work towards compromise and resolution.
Raise your Awareness of Conflict
– Why is conflict increasing ?
– Identify the four most common sources and levels of conflict
– Explore the beliefs/behaviours that can encourage conflict
Explanations & discussions
Understand Conflict Situations
– Master your own emotions in a conflict situation
– How to analyze the conflict so it is clear and easy to understand
– Emphasize what you agree on and what you do not agree on
Explanations and group discussions, drawing on experience
The Power of Open and Honest Communications when Conflict Arises
– The key interpersonal skills for resolving conflict
– Listen without judgment and ask focused questions
– Simple ideas for resolving conflict
– Understand the impact of body language
Communication role plays
Techniques and Tactics for Managing Conflict
– Use a systematic approach to solve conflicts
– The five key conflict handling strategies
– Follow a positive strategy for conflict resolution
– Emphasize a win/win strategy
Explanations & group discussions
How to Manage Conflict Escalation
– The impact of aggressive behavior
– Dealing with aggressive and negative behavior
– Responding to personal criticism and entrenched behavior
– Non-threatening ways to highlight the consequences of escalation
Adopt a Confident, Professional and Appropriate Style
– Manage feedback on the impact of personal communication
– Recommendations to build a confident and professional approach
– A toolkit to be combined and adapted to suit your individual situation
Plan your personal strategy
Develop a personal application plan
Anyone who wishes to enhance their skills in conflict management and resolution.
Prerequisite : none.