• Understand how culture works.
• Identify your own cultural profile and understand its impact.
• Develop cross-cultural skills leading to effective communication and cooperation within a multicultural environment.
What is culture ?
The iceberg metaphor
– Observable and hidden levels of culture
Approaching culture with a cultural orientations model
– Get to know the main dimensions of culture at work
– Understand its impact on how individuals and groups function
– Position yourself on these dimensions (cultural profile)
– Observe, analyze and understand the cultural orientations of others
– Learn to anticipate difficulties arising from cultural gaps
Keys to developing cross-cultural competence
– Open attitude
– Awareness of others : needs, expectations…
– Ongoing cultural knowledge
– Develop and practice cross-cultural skills
Personal action plan
Interactive and practical training
Use of your own cultural profile
Role play and case studies based on participants’ experience
Use of videos to illustrate cultural barriers to communication and understanding
Individuals who work with people of different cultures.
Prerequisite : none.