• Understand the Sustainable Development and the Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) concepts.
• Integrate the Sustainable Development principles in your Procurement Strategy, measure the effects to enter in a continuous improvement process.
The Basics of Sustainable Development
- Definition and history of Sustainable Development, of CSR
(Corporate Social Responsibility)
– Corporate current and future stakes
– Existing certifications, Sustainable Development quotation agencies
– Products and Labels
– The limits and traps of the communication on Sustainable
Development : « greenwashing »
Test – Labels identification
A Sustainable Procurement Strategy
- Ethics, Environment, CSR Charts, their integration into the Procurement Strategy
– How to define purchasing objectives related to Sustainable Development and CSR, how do SD and CSR impact usual purchasing objectives ?
– The supplier relationship in a sustainable procurement context Implementation of the strategy
– The Ethics, Environment, CSR Charts, their acceptance by the suppliers
– Sustainable Procurement control panel
– Customized action plan : each trainee works on a control panel and presents it to the group
– Definition of the need : how to draw up specifications that include SD and CSR criteria
– Global cost, Total Cost of Ownership
– Sustainable Procurement internal and external communication : show the benefits, encourage the partners (suppliers, subcontractors…)
Define environmental criteria of a « facility management » specification
Define a Sustainable Procurement communication plan
Prerequisite : none