• Acquire and practice a preparation method to the negotiations that enable to remain firm, determined and serene, in consistence with company strategies.
• Improvement of results.
DAY 1 – Negotiator behaviors
- Round table session : the main difficulties encountered by attendees
during their negotiations. Expectations from attendees
The communication scheme
- Understanding of S.S.I. concept
Individual video exercise : first videorecorded workshop on S.S.I. concept
Identification of positive and negative behaviors of the negotiator
Self-control and stress management
- Individual questionnaire : self-diagnosis “What kind of negotiator are you ?”
Negotiation Preparatory Steps
- Various negotiation approaches : Harvard and the 7 Steps
– Negotiation principles in seven steps :
1- Defining the objective
2- Determining the stakes
3 – Studying the forces coming into play
4 – Preparing the case
5 – Setting up the dash board
Group video role play : second videorecorded workshop, simulating a negotiation (case N° 1), using all the first five points). The case will be played by two different teams and will allow every participant to voice their opinion
DAY 2 – Strategies and tactics of negotiation
6 – Strategy insights from Sun Tse and introduction to Go game
7 – Setting out the Story Board of the negotiation
Preparation of a negotiation simulation (case N° 2). The attendees, set
in 4 teams, will use the whole method. Recording of two negotiations
for a comparison of the two different strategies used. Analysis and
Negotiation outcome : consensus, compromise, conflict.
Synthesis and assessment of the seminar.
All people dealing with negotiations whether it be purchasing, selling or managing projects or social issues.
Prerequisite : none.